Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is this bad? I think this might be bad.

Mike Freeman of cbssportsline wrote an article about LeBron's grumpy mom. It's mostly "Hey, I bet she could take Sheed in a fight yuk yuk"-type drivel, but there's this:

It should be no surprise that Bam Bam James almost went George Foreman upside the head of some Celtics. Bam Bam, without question, doesn't take any guff. According to published reports she has been cited by Akron, Ohio, courts for playing music too loudly, criminal trespassing, contempt of court and disorderly conduct.

Last year she was stopped for allegedly driving while intoxicated and police maintain she had to be sprayed with mace after kicking out the window of a police cruiser.

Be still my beating heart.

I think I'm in love.

Is that...cool? It sorta seems like he's making light of (glorifying, even? No, probably not.) belligerence, resisting arrest, general shitty behaviour and, uh, drunk fucking driving. I know it's all some sort of giggly-joketime-fun! column (plus there's that whole pesky "innocent until proven guilty" deal), but...I'm not sure that's cool.

No comments: