Saturday, March 1, 2008

And so ends the Frenzy...

I hope you enjoyed the (first?) Friday Frenzy. I admit the Murray Chass post was a bit weird, although I'm still amazed how honestly shocked I was at the very idea that The New York Fucking Times might actually be employing an editor for its sports section. If nothing else, that shows just how far we have yet to go. In other words, as Fire Everybody! leaves February behind and enters March, I feel pretty confident that there will be more shitty sportswriting for me (and my esteemed colleagues, if they can take time out from doing actually important stuff to waste it on this blog) to pull apart. Also, I've got another recurring series to unveil to go along with 52 52 52 and Friday Frenzy. I know, I know, this is all gimmicky as all shit, but I wouldn't do them if I didn't think you'd like them. And trust me...you'll like this next one.

Incidentally, I'm aware that it's now technically Saturday and hence this and the Murray Chass post aren't technically part of the "Friday" Frenzy, but I haven't gone to sleep yet, so it's still Friday as far as I'm concerned. I think we can all agree to give February 29 a few extra hours - if any day deserves it, it fucking does. Well, other than February 30, of course.

But you do realize the real reason for this last post, right? Even more There Will Be Blood labels! WOOT!!!

No comments: