Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Am Disappointed

Peter King wrote two articles about Brett Favre, and there's really nothing to rail against. I even looked in to the standard procedure for writing a dateline, and he didn't do anything crazy. I still think it's a lame thing only someone who desperately abides by one of three things he remembers from journalism school would do (Hey you ignorant bastards, I'm in a place you've never even come close to hearing of and I'm gonna be self-important about it), BUT! it's protocol I guess.

Happily, he did invent my new favourite nonsense-sounding phrase:

Bishkek was Ashwaubenon and Oshkosh and Wausau

But what were Tashkent, Dushanbe and Ashgabat? (Straight truth: I remembered Tashkent was the capital of Uzbekistan. I'm sad to report I forgot Dushanbe and Ashgabat.)

Anyway, lucky for us, The Infinite Taint is keeping a "diary" about his trip to the 'stans. More on this later.

No comments: