Thursday, June 12, 2008

The greatest announcing team of all-time...

If you will forgive me a little Van Gundy hyperbole, I have never enjoyed an announcing team more than this Finals crew. After a fun (if irritatingly synergistic) Michele Tafoya interview with Will Smith, we're treated to this amazing example of awesomeness in broadcasting. The subject? Kevin James and the film Hitch...

Jeff Van Gundy: If there’s anyone funnier than Kevin James, I want names.

Mike Breen: [Vaguely exasperated, but clearly in a good way] These superlatives you put on mediocre movies.

Mark Jackson: [Surprisingly adamant] No, Hitch was an outstanding movie.


Also, I just saw a close-up of Kobe and a ref on the court. Larry David was in the background with a bizarre expression on his face. It almost looked like the Larry David equivalent of a grin, in that he still looked horrifically constipated, but the corners of his mouth were pointing upward. Huh. You don't really get that sort of thing at a Bobcats game. Of course, considering Michael Jordan's position as executive whatever, there's always the possibility of a massive last stand shootout between Charles Oakley and a horde of federal marshals. So they've got that going for them.

I'll be back tomorrow with a post with more, you know, content. For now, I think I'm just going to enjoy Game 4.

1 comment:

Archie Micklewhite said...

You notice how I fairly carefully avoided any preemptive gloating?

Yeah...that'd be why.