Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Most Known Unknown Interview Series: Big Daddy Drew

As I'm sure you all know, Djmmm, Passive Voice, and I see ourselves as nothing short of superheroes, righting wrongs and fighting the forces of international bad sports journalism. You may have seen the artist's conception that ESPN recently put out:



I won't say who's who, but, uh...sorry, Passive.

But in my civilian life, I actually dally with the ultimate evil itself: sports radio. (Admittedly, we're talking student radio here, but it's still the same medium that spawned the Schrutebag, which is just something I'm going to have to live with.) Hell, our biggest traffic day ever came out of an interview I did with Will Leitch, which I do sorta mention all the fucking time. What can I say? It was our one big flirtation with non-obscurity.

Anyway, since our big broadcast season has finally ended, I've been using the last few weeks as an excuse to interview some of my favorite bloggers. I thought I'd share them (as well as some previous interviews) with you all in what I'm dubbing The Most Known Unknown Interview Series.

In this edition, we've got Big Daddy Drew on the other end of the phone. You will:

1. Get the exclusive scoop on the mildly interesting changes over at Kissing Suzy Kolber!
2. Learn just who that Sage Rosenfels dude is!
3. Hear Drew say the word "Douche"!
4. Revel as Drew hates on a certain Ivy League institution!
5. Discover the shocking secret about Drew and Natalie Portman! (Warning: You must be 18!)
6. Be shocked at my stunning failure to be a hard-hitting journalist!

All that and more is yours for the listening in the Most Known Unknown Interview Series. You can find them all in the sidebar.

By the way, I know that a lot of people question the title, they want to know what it means. The Most Known Unknown Interview Series means that Fire Everybody is known, but at the same time we're unknown, you know what I'm saying? We've got a lot to do with what's going on in sports blogging today, you know what I'm saying? But bloggers don't realize it, bloggers in the basements realize, but the stat counters and link dumpers don't realize it, but it's all good, it is what it is, I ain't gonna talk your head off, I'm going to drop these hits on you...

Play them classics!

No comments: