Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Most Known Unknown Interview Series: Matt Ufford

Today's interview requires some introduction. On May 10 at 7:00 EST, I will be co-hosting a three-hour program on my student radio station devoted to my favorite thing ever: shitty music videos from the eighties featuring football teams rapping. You want an example? You know damn well you do:



It'll stream over the Internet and I'll try to post the show afterwards, but I thought I might give you a taste by posting one of the interviews I've conducted uncut and unedited. Specifically, With Leather's Matt Ufford, alias Kissing Suzy Kolber's Captain Caveman. With Leather has accounted for at least half of the songs I'll be playing thanks to its many posts on precisely that topic, and as such Mr. Ufford has to be considered the preeminent expert in the field of shitty sports rap songs. If you've been waiting all your life for a half-hour discussion of that particular topic, you're in luck. Also, I managed to Lead him into The Big question, if you know what I mean. Wait, let me restate that: I managed to Lead him into The Big question. Am I not just deliciously subtle? Without further ado...

Play them classics!

[Note: I just realized that this whole thing is totally proof that bloggers and mainstream media types CAN in fact get along. They can even discuss issues and stuff. As long as you define "mainstream media" as "random dude at a college radio station" and "issues" as "hilarious YouTube videos." Sounds about right.]

No comments: